Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Intro

The purpose of this blog is to collect and document process of developing a roughly Napoleonic, grid-based, war game which can be played in a short period of time with minimal investment. 
I know that sounds like a pie-in-the-sky wish list, but I think I'm on the path towards achieving it.


Roughly Napoleonic:
Although I am interested in military history, several of the people I would play with are not.  I want the game to feel Napoleonic for solo games, but not require an extensive knowledge of history when I play with others. 
Grid Based: 
I am a simple man with simple tastes.  I want to spend time enjoying the game not measuring the distance between things.  Being grid based also probably quickens play. 
Quick Play Time:
I don't have time/space right now for an elaborate table full of high-detail terrain.  Ideally, games could be set-up, played, and taken down in under 2 hours. 
Minimal Investment:
Being new to wargaming, I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on something that I don't get to enjoy frequently.


I want to preemptively thank all those whose ideas have inspired me up to this point.  I will try to cite sources of ideas as I go.





No comments:

Post a Comment