Friday, December 1, 2023

Painting Progress: Days 2-3

Representative Example of Each Army's Progress

Painting continues, even if at a slower pace.  Day 2 saw the Red Bears get their first and second coat of paint.  On day 3, the trees were painted with assistance from the kids.  Two hands on a cheap paintbrush with cheap paint makes for sloppy work. Luckily the trees can be cleaned up with a final coat pretty easily.  I do like how both sets are coming along.  I would have probably purchased better paint if I were to do it again.  The brand the kids picked takes at least three coats to get the right amount of coverage and intensity.

Armies on their drying trays


Closeup of Red Bears

 I’ve continued work on modeling walls with and without gates. I think they’re coming along well but may not be print-ready for a while. I’d like to get some/most of the bears finished painting before adding too much terrain work. The goal is to get a game playable by Christmas break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment