Saturday, March 27, 2021

Fortifiying the Plan

 My last post indicated that Army Red would likely be seeing action in a desert campaign.  I have designed fortified walls to augment the buildings I had previously designed.  Some images showing all types of wall are below. 



I have built a corner tower, corners, straight sections, and wide city gates.  I believe I have succeeded in representing a desert fortified wall without adding so much detail that it limits its use to a specific historical setting.  These walls may fit from antiquity through the late 19th Century.  I may add a second story section to the city gates and an inside corner, but what I have is a good start.  Below is a sample 8x8 grid with my desert buildings.


The wall pieces can also be arranged using the corner tower and 3 corners to build a small fortress/outpost as seen below.  


I'll keep working on the terrain to include some sources of light cover like forests/vineyards and water features as well as developing a backstory for Army Red and its currently undeveloped opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment