Sunday, December 9, 2018

New Printer!

I know I have left my campaign hanging on the potentially last battle, but I think I have a good reason.  The distractions of tuning the new printer and printing some upgrades for it have been taking my hobby time. I just got a new 3D printer and have been busy designing terrain to make the next battle special.  The campaign has happened along the banks of a river system that forms the backbone of two rival kingdoms, but the river has not appeared on the battlefield yet.  My new printer is currently working on modular river systems.  The modular river sections are featured below.  They're designed to span the 2" hexes I’ve been using. I'm also designing a palace to use as a built-up-area for the upcoming battle in the capitol region. The picture below is the tentative location for the upcoming battle.  It has not yet been decided where each side will deploy from. 


I also bought Bob Cordery's Gridded Naval Wargames, and have been daydreaming about modifying it for ancient galleys. I had been designing ships for use with Galleys and Galleons by Ganesha Games, but stopped due to the large size required for play and disappointment in designing sails.  Ancient galleys, from what I've read, often ditched their masts and sails before combat, eliminating the frustrating design challenge.  As good as the ancient galleys sound, they don't fit with the 18th century nations in my current campaign.  I've been looking at the Swedish galleys, and might create an opportunity for the nations in the campaign to fight small naval actions.  Being riverine countries, they should have some naval capability.  Hopefully I'll be able to shake the distractions and fight the next battle next weekend.  If not, it might not happen until after the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment