Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Introducing "The Far Side of the World"

 Although I haven't posted in a long time, I haven't been completely idle.  I've been developing my own compact, gridded, limited bookkeeping wargame.  My efforts developed into the rules now posted in the pages section of this blog.  

 It is intended to cover the time period 1840-1900.  Each stand of units is intended to represent roughly a company of infantry, squadron of cavalry, and single guns.  However, if players assume the artillery is larger field places or the nations involved preferred to form larger batteries, the scale could easily be upgraded so that infantry represents regiments.  

If you play the game or read through the rules and have feedback, please do not hesitate to reach-out.  

I still have some horses to paint and need to add most of the details to the other units before I’m able to play a game worth photographing. I’ve played it digitally through the software I did the modeling in but it’s supposed to be a tactile game. Right?

I will try to be a little more diligent in getting the painting done and getting games on the the table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment